Fundamentals of Commissioning & Startup (CS-01) – Rev-01
Please PAY the fee to complete your registration (payment link is below)
Important: Please don’t forget to put your full name, email and phone while paying the fee. Thanks
$200 per participants (plus GST), which cover course material.
Please DO NOT FORGET to mention your full name, email and phone number during fee payment at PayPal (You do not need a Paypal account for payment).
- 8 PDUs
Venue in Calgary:
09:00 am TO 05:00 pm
Commissioning and Start-up of a plant and equipment presents both a major technical and management challenge. With this in mind, this program addresses the technical issues of commissioning and starting up various equipment and asset types commonly found in processing plant environments, process and facility wide commissioning strategies as well as the management issues.
This 1-day workshop will address in an integrated manner the key activities involved in the safe, effective and timely commissioning and start-up of a new plant or facility, starting right after construction completion. This program aims to develop employees through exposure to the training and development experience provided by this program, to build a “cadre” of knowledgeable and skilled staff who will be able to add value through their contributions to any situations involving plant start-up and commissioning.
The objectives of this program are to provide participants with an awareness of the unique challenges associated with plant start-up and commissioning situations, an understanding of the key concepts, tools and techniques that can be used to facilitate the effective planning, execution, control and management of these situations. At the end of this course participants would be able to:
- Understand the system based interface between construction, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up.
- Understand the key stages of the commissioning process
- Understand a thorough plant commissioning and start-up strategy
- Manage/Avoid machinery and equipment specific commissioning issues
- Manage common problems of commissioning and start-up
- Identify safety and training requirements
- Manage risks associated with commissioning
- Introduction to Commissioning & Startup
- Project Phases: FEED, Details Engineering, Construction, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning & Startup
- Road Map from Construction to Startup
- Construction Deliverables
- Pre-Commissioning Deliverables
- Commissioning Deliverables
- Startup Deliverables
- Pre-Commissioning Strategy
- Systems & Sub-System Approach
- Cost & Manpower Planning for Pre-Commissioning Activities by Systems
- Mechanical Completion
- Punch Lists
- Key Issues Related to Pre-Commissioning
- Commissioning Strategies
- Cost & Manpower Planning for Commissioning Activities
- The Key Stages of Commissioning Process
- Post Commissioning
- Key Issues related to commissioning
- Start-up Strategy
- Cost & Manpower Planning for Start-up Activities
- Startup & Initial Testing
- Performance and Acceptance Testing